This is the website of Brugmann Foundation, a foundation of public utility for Belgian rights.
- Our headquarters address is : Place Arthur Van Gehuchten 4, 1020 Brussels, Belgium
- Our business number is : 0839.235.387.
Please read the following contract to know how your personal information will be handled.
This document is an integral part of the legal mentions of the site. It is susceptible to changes. This version dates July 12, 2018.
Legal framework and significance
Brugmann Foundation commits to comply with the legislation concerning the protection of privacy with vigor in Belgium : the handling of personal information on this site is subject to the Belgian law from December 8, 1992. This law concerns the protection of privacy with regards to General Regulation on Data Protection (GDPR) 2016/679 of April 27, 2016, entered into enforcement May 24, 2018.
This privacy contract applies to all pages hosted on www.brugmannfoundation.be. However, this privacy contract does not apply to pages hosted by other organizations that we may reference because their privacy contracts could differ. This policy concerns :
- your visit to our website and the usage of cookies for a better navigation experience ;
- different completed forms to request an appointment, to register for events, to receive newsletter,…
A better navigation experience with cookies
Brugmann Foundation is committed to delivering the best possible service to you and we wish to maintain the confidence that you place in us. We would like to provide you with clear information about how we use and store cookies from our Website on your computer. The word “computers”, when used in this policy, refers to computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices used for accessing the Internet.
Collected personal identification information
During your visit on our site, you may be lead to share information voluntarily with full knowledge of the consequences. For example, posting messages or questions on this site, subscribing to a newsletter, requesting an appointment or signing up at an event. It will then be “personal data.” The term “personal data” covers all information relating to an identified or identifiable physical person. A person is identifiable when it can be identified, directly or indirectly, notably by reference to an identification number or to one or more specific elements specific to their physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. For example: the first and last name of a person, their address, their telephone number, their e-mail address, their preferences, their ethnicity, their sex, … The address and the professional telephone number of a person are also considered personal data.
Within this site, the information that you send us could be :
- mailing address
- email address
- phone number
- personal data
This information is collected via online forms that use the SMTP server of the Brugmann Foundation. This information is utilized to inform you, to sign you up for events, and to contact you at a later stage in order to improve the content on our site.
The management and storing of information
Your personal data is stored in our database solely in the case of a subscription to a newsletter, registration for an event, or when you make a request involving their conservation (appointment request, introduction of a complaint…). This information will be kept for maximum 5 years after the last form of communication unless you demand otherwise. This data is stored on our server located at headquarters, Place Van Gehuchten 4 – 1020 Bruxelles.
The Website owners undertake to honour or exceed the legal requirements of information privacy that apply in Belgium. Brugmann Foundation will not share or communicate personal information with other organizations for commercial or other purposes, or to solicitation companies/sales agencies. This personal data is only shared with third parties if the law requires and authorizes it.
The usage of information by the Brugmann Foundation
This information is solely collected as part of Brugmann Foundation’s specific activities, like appointment requests, newsletter subscriptions, event registration, etc. We do not process personal data of minors (persons under 18 years of age) without the written consent of the parent or legal representative.
At any moment, you may request a copy of your personal information from Brugmann Foundation. In addition, you always have the right to contest the usage of your personal information. You may also ask us to modify your personal information.
The security of collected information
Once the data has been received, Brugmann Foundation commits to best ensure the security of our systems. Importantly, we already have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, abusive usage, or the alteration of received information on our site. Here is the list :
- All persons with access to your data on behalf of Brugmann Foundation are bound by professional secrecy.
- Each person with access has their own username and password.
- We perform regular backups in order to recover personal data in the case of a technical or physical incident.
- Employees are made aware of the importance of protecting personal data.
- We have put in place a procedure in case of data leakage.
We take all the necessary precautions so that the information is treated in a secure and safe manner.
Access, modification or suppression of personal information
In accordance with the Law on the Protection of Privacy of December 8, 1992, and the General Data Protection Regulation of April 27, 2016, every user who has posted information about their name and identity either directly or indirectly on our website has the following rights concerning their personal data :
- Right of information and access :you can request the communication of personal information concerning you.
- Right of rectification :you can request the correction of personal information concerning you. You can correct any inaccuracies and complete the incomplete data.
- Right to erase (“right to be forgotten”) :you may request that your personal data be completely erased from our databases.
- Right to limit the processing of personal data :you may object to the usage of personal information concerning you.
- Right to the portability of data :you may obtain the personal data that is applicable to you in an electronic, current, and structured form.
- Right of objection :you can oppose usage practices, direct marketing, and profiling practices.
To exercise these rights, send a written and signed request to Brugmann Foundation’s Data Privacy Office (Place Van Gehuchten 4, 1020 Brussels), specifying the postal or electronic address to which the response must be sent. We may ask you to identify yourself before responding to the requests above.
In the case of a complaint concerning the treatment of your personal data, you always have the right to file a complaint with the privacy committee, the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.